Taking Control, Dealing with Bullying and Harassment in Practice
When individuals are at the receiving end, or witness, inappropriate behaviours in the workplace, they do not always feel empowered or courageous enough to take any action. Sometimes it is easier to do nothing. Whilst doing nothing is an option, and might be the right action to take for some, there is a perception that this can mean the behaviour will continue and individuals will continue to suffer. This workshop assists individuals to take control of the situation. It enables them to firstly recognise the behaviours impacting on them, encourages them to consider their own physical and emotional wellbeing and capacity to tackle the situation. Having raised awareness, participants are encouraged to consider the options available to them and are guided in the steps to take.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Practice tips and techniques to increase their personal wellbeing and resilience when facing a difficult situation.
- Consider the options and routes open to them in taking action.
- Follow a suggested approach when having a courageous conversation.
- Deliver challenging messages with increased confidence.
- Understand where they are in terms of emotional and physical wellbeing and their capacity and confidence to ‘handle’ the situation.
- Understand different styles and behaviours and how they may cause tension.
Learning methods and duration
This workshop is half a day in duration with a maximum of 25 participants.
Learning methods include facilitated discussion, case studies and completion of a short reflective questionnaire. Awareness will be raised by topics being explored individually, in pairs or small groups. This workshop complements our half day Dignity and Respect at Work Foundation Module- which must be undertaken prior to this session.
This course is supported by a comprehensive electronic toolkit which is provided to participants post attendance.
For further information, call us on 0333 939 0177 or send an email using the Contact Form on the Contact Us page.