Managers Awareness Training
Line Managers have a pivotal role to play in shaping cultures in their areas and a responsibility to act swiftly and appropriately where issues arise. The same is true of leaders in organisations who may not be directly involved in people management. All managers need a clear understanding of the subject of Workplace Bullying, Harassment, Discrimination and Dignity at Work and the knowledge and skills to deal with situations as they arise. A key message of our training is around early intervention. Our goal is to leave managers feeling enabled, confident and supported. Managers need to deal with negative behaviours quickly, in the moment, so the behaviour stops. This one-day course will give managers an in depth knowledge of Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination, know how to recognise it and how to deal with it appropriately. This course can be run as a half day module when coupled with the Foundation Module.
Key topics covered include:
- What is Workplace Bullying and Harassment – what it is and what it is not.
- The organisations policy and managerial responsibilities under the policy and UK law.
- The role of the manager in dealing with Dignity at Work – early intervention strategies, proactive management and the importance of ‘nipping things in the bud’.
- How to deal with complaints of Bullying and Harassment and other Dignity at Work breaches.
- Understanding the difference between strong management and Bullying behaviour.
- Manager’s role in influencing cultures within their areas.
- How managers can protect themselves from spurious or vexatious complaints.
There are options to utilise actors or our bespoke training videos within their sessions.
For further information, call us on 0333 939 0177 or send an email using the Contact Form on the Contact Us page.
Purpose of the course
To raise managers awareness of bullying and harassment and develop their skills so that they recognise it and know how to act swiftly and effectively if it arises in their area.
Learning Methods and duration
1 day Participative with Tutor led input, group facilitated discussion, case studies, quizzes, anecdotes. Role plays.
By the end of this course participants will be able to :
- Have raised awareness of relevant employment legislation and the legal framework for equality in the workplace.
- Understand the importance of treating people correctly in the workplace and with dignity.
- Recognise and describe harassment and bullying.
- Recognise the effects and impact of harassment and bullying.
- Understand the importance of setting standards of behaviour and creating a harassment free working environment.
- Be aware of the legal implications and links to equality issues.
- Understand their particular role in setting cultures within their areas which do not support bullying and harassment.
- Understand their role in preventing bullying and harassment.
- Understand how to deal with situations which may arise effectively and proactively in order to amend behaviour.
- Understand how to deal with complaints.
- Legal framework on Equality.
- Treating others correctly.
- Recognising Harassment and Bullying.
- Impacts of harassment and bullying.
- Creating a culture of Equality and acceptance of difference.
- Expectations of how managers will need to act in order to prevent bullying and harassment and effectively address it if it arises.