|Purpose of the course
To raise managers awareness of bullying and harassment and develop their skills so that they recognise it and know how to act swiftly and effectively if it arises in their area.
|Learning Methods and duration
1 day Participative with Tutor led input, group facilitated discussion, case studies, quizzes, anecdotes. Role plays.
By the end of this course participants will be able to :
- Have raised awareness of relevant employment legislation and the legal framework for equality in the workplace.
- Understand the importance of treating people correctly in the workplace and with dignity.
- Recognise and describe harassment and bullying.
- Recognise the effects and impact of harassment and bullying.
- Understand the importance of setting standards of behaviour and creating a harassment free working environment.
- Be aware of the legal implications and links to equality issues.
- Understand their particular role in setting cultures within their areas which do not support bullying and harassment.
- Understand their role in preventing bullying and harassment.
- Understand how to deal with situations which may arise effectively and proactively in order to amend behaviour.
- Understand how to deal with complaints.
- Legal framework on Equality.
- Treating others correctly.
- Recognising Harassment and Bullying.
- Impacts of harassment and bullying.
- Creating a culture of Equality and acceptance of difference.
- Expectations of how managers will need to act in order to prevent bullying and harassment and effectively address it if it arises.