Dignity and Respect at Work Foundation Module
Andrea Adams Consultancy has developed a half day course designed to unravel some concepts and attitudes towards Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination. The provides an introduction into how inappropriate behaviours are manifested in the workplace, its impact on the individual and organisation and how to be able to understand the impact of one’s own behaviour on others as well as learning how to challenge unacceptable behaviours effectively.
Raising awareness is the first step to eradicating Bullying, Harassment and Discriminatory behaviour and ensures all those within the organisation understand what is appropriate and unacceptable behaviour within your workplace. Delegates are left with guiding principles of with which to navigate different tolerances of acceptable behaviours.
This event can be run in 3 hours for up to 25 delegates. We can run 2 events in one day per trainer. This course can be run with managers and employees or with just employees if separate manager training is preferred.
For further information, call us on 0333 939 0177 or send an email using the Contact Form on the Contact Us page.
- To obtain understanding, raise awareness and engage delegates to the need for and meaning of Dignity at Work.
- To ensure that delegates understand and recognise bullying and harassing behaviours and understand how to deal with it if they are experiencing such behaviour.
- To ensure that delegates understand that they have a role to play in eradicating bullying and harassment in their organisation and understand the consequences of breaches to organisational policy.
- Have raised awareness of relevant employment legislation and the legal framework for equality in the workplace.
- Understand the importance of treating people correctly in the workplace and with dignity.
- Recognise and describe harassment and bullying.
- Recognise the effects and impact of harassment and bullying.
- Understand the importance of setting standards of behaviour and creating a harassment free working environment.
- Be aware of the legal implications and links to equality issues.
- Legal framework on Equality.
- Treating others correctly.
- Recognising Harassment and Bullying.
- Impacts of harassment and bullying.
- Creating a culture of Equality and acceptance of difference.
- Expectations of how managers will need to act in order to prevent bullying and harassment and effectively address it if it arises.